Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 - Some sort of odyssey



I hate new year's resolutions. I already make goals throughout the year, and usually see my birthday in September as a time of reflection. Lots of folks are compiling end of the year/end of the freakin decade recaps. I refuse. You all know about the trials and tribulations of the previous year. So, if I had to pick one resolution, it would be to never bitch about 2009 ever AGAIN.

Except this - I rang in 2009 stepping in dog shit. I went out on New Year's for the first time ever, and promptly regretted it - the crowds, the nagging desire for something to happen. This time around, my close friends threw a small Mad Men themed party. Everyone dressed to impress. We consumed fancy drinks and cute hors devours. And at midnight, we watched fireworks from the rooftop. It was a magical night, full of hope and laughter. I have never been happier for the future.

So this is the new year
And I have no resolutions
For self assigned penance
For problems with easy solutions

~ Death Cab for Cutie

More: New Year's Eve photo album on Flickr

2 comments:

Amber said...

You are awesome! Why am I just reading this now??

Mandy K said...

Because yer a jerk and don't follow my blog? ;-P