Wednesday, November 18, 2009

282/365 : fin


282/365 : fin
Originally uploaded by mandy kaotik
Something shifted this week and I feel DONE with Project 365. I started this ambitious project for two reasons 1) boredom and 2) to document my first year in San Francisco. I got much more than I ever dreamed of.

I see the world completely differently. Rather than people and places, I see emotions and patterns. It's cliche, but I stop to smell - and photograph - the roses. I pushed my camera and self to the ultimate limits, stretching my imagination when I was convinced I had none. For the first time since college, I have a creative outlet.

So, I am ready to move on. A year ago I didn't even consider myself a photographer. Now the camera is an extension of my energy, the self expression I have been craving for years. I can't think of a more valuable lesson.

~ after me comes the flood ~

2 comments:

seven swirls designs said...

...but don't stop posting pictures! I love them!

Mandy K said...

Wow, thank you :) I won't!