This morning I got up early (relatively, considering the tapas and sangria I consumed last night) to spend part of the day walking around the Body Worlds Vital exhibit (spoiler: disappointing if you've seen the original). I figured another rest day couldn't hurt, and skipped my scheduled run. Besides, I was TIRED. I returned from San Jose earlier than expected, exhausted, so I hopped into bed for a nap. I mean, really, the cats were there!
Then I realized I still had to remove my contacts. I said fuck it and got dressed for a run in the cold rain, which is also the perfect Saturday napping weather. I wore my new running tights and U.S. Half Marathon shirt, the former to stay warm and the latter to say rain schmain. I was aiming for 3 miles, but felt amazing and ran to the beach. A month ago, I never would have run in the rain, mostly because I can't listen to music. But I guess after running a half marathon in freezing and pouring rain, 4.5 miles in some chilly rain ain't so bad. And is strangely refreshing.
Also, I still got to take my nap.
This is not about instant gratification. You have to work hard for it, sweat for it, give up sleeping in on Sunday mornings ~ Lauren Fessenden
Then I realized I still had to remove my contacts. I said fuck it and got dressed for a run in the cold rain, which is also the perfect Saturday napping weather. I wore my new running tights and U.S. Half Marathon shirt, the former to stay warm and the latter to say rain schmain. I was aiming for 3 miles, but felt amazing and ran to the beach. A month ago, I never would have run in the rain, mostly because I can't listen to music. But I guess after running a half marathon in freezing and pouring rain, 4.5 miles in some chilly rain ain't so bad. And is strangely refreshing.
Also, I still got to take my nap.
This is not about instant gratification. You have to work hard for it, sweat for it, give up sleeping in on Sunday mornings ~ Lauren Fessenden
No comments:
Post a Comment