It's good to be back, going to live shows again. I saw My First Earthquake at the Rickshaw Stop last week - a quirky, synth pop band, the love child of The Sounds and Freezepop. The lead singer Rebecca Bortman has incredible stage presence. She worked that sequence dress with tricked out sneakers, charming the socks off the crowd.
I spent the entire show grooving my post-four-mile-run feet, and cursing myself for not bringing my camera. The lighting was absolutely perfect. The dude in front of me was taking dreamy photographs, no obnoxious flash needed! On that bitter note, I can't believe how far technology has come on point and shoots in just a few years. My Casio Exilim is a decaying dinosaur. Luckily for everyone, my pal Amber has an excellent write-up on the Examiner online - complete with colorful photos.
For an audio/visual assault of My First Earthquake, check out the video for their "hit" song, Cool in the Cool Way:

No comments:
Post a Comment