My friend Paul was visiting San Francisco last week with his girlfriend. On Wednesday, I made my special dinner - fake chicken parm with whole wheat spaghetti and garlic bread. We drank beer and talked about the past and future. It was one of those evenings that leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.Paul and I went to college together, but he now lives in Colorado. I think we first hung out simply by accident, and possibly mutual dislike for most of our peers. We spent a lot of time together, watching the Simpsons and the Red Sox, talking about music. After hanging out with the same group of friends for years, it was fun being exposed to sights and sounds outside my world. We became close fast, but Paul moved back home to Georgia after our freshman year, when I finally settled in at Bridgewater.
Because of the distance, Paul and I only see each other every other year or so. But when we finally hang out, we pick up right where we left off. We have such a solid foundation, I know we will be friends for a long time. Friendships come in all shapes and sizes, but sometimes life gets in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment