For the first time in months, I breathed a sigh of relief on Monday. I obtained a second part-time job and together with my contract position at Genentech, should be enough to pay the bills, start digging myself out of this hole, and play a little. I won't be traveling any time soon, but I am on the path to being financially secure.And for once, I am calm. I am not obsessively checking job boards. I am not agonizing over cover letters. I am not playing the job interview waiting game. My employment situation isn't ideal, but for now, I am going to accept it. I simply cannot compete with the plethora of candidates on the job market. I don't know what the future holds, but I signed up for this crazy ride.
The best companion for relaxation is a hearty and somewhat healthy meal. Andy and I "treated" ourselves to sale steak, white asparagus and $5 wine - FAIL picture of a delicious meal. I wish I photographed the white asparagus before cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment