I started a part-time temp job today in the Fillmore. The area is beautiful - with gorgeous homes, rolling hills and delicious restaurants. I am essentially a personal/executive assistant, managing bookkeeping and the household. The best part is I am NOT on call 24/7 and don't have to drive for errands.I was really anxious this morning about returning to work. Would my employer like me? Would I succeed? Most importantly - would I survive my first full work day since December? Yes, yes and yes. He wants me to come back tomorrow for more office tasks, and he seemed very pleased with what I completed today. The morning was rough - getting used to a new environment - but by lunch I was happy to be back in the workforce and out of the house. Of course I was tuckered out by 5:00.
I have a few more part-time opportunities in the blender, so I will probably work a few jobs until I find full-time employment. I feel like this recent position has given me a second wind - at least I have a few bucks coming in to get me out of the red. A lot hangs on tomorrow - fingers and toes crossed! But I have new and improved cover letters and resumes for applications this weekend. All I can do is keep on keeping on.
2 comments:
woot!! a change of pace (and that sunshine!) is definitely what the doctor ordered.
Indeed! But then I get home and am exhausted and faced with reality.
However, I am 100% grateful for semi-employment.
Post a Comment