Monday, February 9, 2009

37/365 : Family

Last week was absolutely crummy. By Thursday, I was ready to call it quits. Armed with a cheap bottle of wine and Doritos, I parked my ass in front of the television for the night.

I slept in Friday and woke up with a massive wine headache. While Andy was out at a job interview, I bummed around the apartment and browsed the job boards. Ho-hum. When Andy came home, he insisted I check out a passive aggressive note in the back stairwell.

I protested, exclaiming I am still in my PJs, but he insisted. See, someone left a jug of spilled orange juice downstairs and the tenants in our building love the written word. So, I open the door and who do I see, but my brother Pat standing there! I promptly slammed the door in his face, processed the situation, opened the door and gave him a big bear hug.

With the help of Alison, Tom, Darrell and Pat's girlfriend Sarah, Andy organized the secret visit as a present for me. I feel so blessed to have such a loving husband, friends and family. The weekend was a blast and a beautiful vacation from reality.

2 comments:

seven swirls designs said...

awww, that is so fun! what a great surprise! :D

Mandy K said...

Best present ever :)