Sunday, November 9, 2008

I finally did it


After!
Originally uploaded by mandy kaotik
Girls and their hair, what a mess. I have obsessed about my hair for as long as I can remember. The color, the cut, the unpredictability.

I always worked against my wavy hair, blow drying and straightening, but never satisfied with the results. And for several years I was a product junkie, browsing H&B aisles and magazines for miracle products. The amount of time and money my hair has consumed is disgusting.

I also started dying my hair at the age of 15. Besides a brief summer embracing dirty blonde, I never saw my natural hair color. And I always used a box. But after college, when I gave up heat styling, I took my hair on a strange color journey. I went from black to blonde, to black again, then to red, and most recently, to platinum.

Platinum blonde was my favorite color. It also required serious maintenance, including expensive salon visits and more effort than ever to look normal. PLUS it took four hours to air dry. I decided to return to my natural color. I detoxed my hair before, but this time my hair was in so unhealthy, I needed to start fresh.

I instructed by stylist, who I trust with my life, to chop off everything. And I have never been happier with a hair cut. I dab some product and run out the door. My hair stays put in the rain and air dries in only a few minutes. Low maintenance is my personal style. I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl after all.

Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?

2 comments:

sanchezstar said...

it looks awesome!!

Mandy K said...

Thanks! I am so in love with it.