Sunday, April 6, 2008

i come from the water

The Toadies are getting back together!!
AND TOURING
.

The last and only time I tried to see the Toadies perform was in 2001 when I was a naive co-ed. I got all dolled up and made the journey from college burbs to the city only to read SOLD OUT on the Paradise marquee. What kind of people buy rock show tickets in advance? (I should mention I didn't attend my first concert until I was nearly 17. It was free. And I went with my dad.) The Toadies broke up soon after and released a live recording of show, which included every hit and a haunting cover of "Where is my Mind?" One of my favorite live albums, The Best of Toadies: Live From Paradise is kick ass reminder of my stupidity.

Now the Toadies are back with one goal in mind - to save rock music. Sign me up.

music: toadies: hell below/stars above

No comments: